All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive and -nsense guide to working with special collections and rare books is an essential day-to-day companion. Working with special collections can vary dramatically from preserving a single rare book to managing and digitising vast mixed-media archives yet the role of the information professional is always critical in tapping into the potential of these collections, protecting their legacy and bringing them to the attention of the wider public. Whether you are working alone or in a team of 20 this handbook can guide you through the essential skills and processes and highlight common problems, solutions and best practice. International case studies in each chapter drawn from a variety of sectors offer an insight into how real people have dealt with challenges in practice. Each chapter tackles a different aspect of your work, helping you to; * understand the surrounding law and ethics, including copyright issues * develop effective preservation standards and practice * use the relevant cataloguing systems and standards * reach your audience, market your collection, and use social media to improve access * develop effective fundraising and advocacy efforts * manage acquisitions and dors in line with collection development strategy * rethink and develop effective spaces and user services * manage your staff, train paraprofessionals and improve your skills and training. Readership: This is the essential practical guide for anyone working with special collections or rare books in libraries, archives, museums, galleries and other heritage organisations. It is also a useful introduction to special collections work for academics and students taking library and information courses.
- Author BiographyAlison Cullingford is Special Collections Librarian at the University of Bradford where she is responsible for over 100 collections of modern archives and rare books. She is an active member of the CILIP Rare Books and Special Collections Group and regularly presents, blogs and tweets on the importance of the special collections librarian.
- Author(s)Alison Cullingford
- PublisherFacet Publishing
- Date of Publication18/12/2011
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFacet Publishing
- Out-of-print date22/08/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.