All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe book expounds the major topics in the special theory of relativity. It provides a detailed examination of the mathematical foundation of the special theory of relativity, relativistic mass, relativistic mechanics and relativistic electrodynamics. As well as covariant formulation of relativistic mechanics and electrodynamics, the book discusses the relativistic effect on photons. Using a mathematical approach, the text offers graduate students a clear, concise view of the special theory of relativity. Organized into 14 chapters and two appendices, the content is presented in a logical order, and every topic has been dealt with in a simple and lucid manner. To aid understanding of the subject, the book provides numerous relevant worked examples in every chapter. The book's mathematical approach helps students in their independent study and motivates them to research the topic further.
- Author BiographyFAROOK RAHAMAN is associate professor at the Department of Mathematics, Jadavpur University, West Bengal. With over 15 years of experience in teaching and working with various fields of application of relativity, he has supervised so far 14 PhD students. He has about 180 research papers to his credit published in several international journals. Dr. Rahaman has been selected for TWAS UNESCO Associateship, Trieste, Italy, for the period of 2011-2014.In addition, he has also been selected for Associate of IUCAA and Associate of IMSc in 2009. He has been awarded with UGC Post-Doctoral Research Award by the Government of India in 2010. He is co-author of the book Finsler Geometry of Hadrons and Lyra Geometry: Cosmological Aspects, Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 2012.
- Author(s)Farook Rahaman
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note41 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight567 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.