All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Speyside Way runs for 80 miles (129 km) from the fishing port of Buckie to Aviemore in the foothills of the Cairngorms. Following the lovely valley of the River Spey, you walk through countryside rich in malt whisky and wildlife, along riverside paths, railway trackbed and forest and moorland tracks. This fully revised edition of the essential trail guide has new mapping from Footprint in five panels, and new plans of villages en route and of Aviemore. The book is co-authored by the Speyside Way route manager, and contains all you need to plan and enjoy your holiday: drop-down map showing the whole route, plus Tomintoul spur (1:100,000); the Way step-by-step, with summaries of distance, terrain and refreshment stops; other walks including the Badech Way and Dufftown circuit; habitats and wildlife, including dolphin, osprey and wildcat; expanded coverage of whisky-making and distilleries; planning information for travel by car, train, bus or plane; printed on waterproof paper throughout.
- Author BiographyAuthor1: Jacquetta Megarry devised the waterproof, open-flat Rucksack Reader format with dropdown maps for walking guidebooks in 2000 and Speyside Way was the first book of this series. She has since written or co-authored a further eight Rucksack Readers, and recently walked the entire Speyside Way to update the route description and photography for this second edition. Author2: A geography graduate from Aberdeen University, Jim Strachan is now a farmer on Speyside and Route Manager of the Speyside Way. He has been involved with countryside management for over 35 years, working for many of these years as a countryside ranger in some of Scotland's finest scenic areas. His leisure interests include travel, walking, photography and curling.
- Author(s)Jacquetta Megarry,Jim Strachan
- PublisherRucksack Readers
- Date of Publication16/04/2007
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationDunblane
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRucksack Readers
- Content Note65+ colour photographs
- Weight180 g
- Width145 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $21.97Trending at AU $24.93
- AU $24.35Trending at AU $25.87
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $14.48
- AU $30.73Trending at AU $32.05
- AU $19.83Trending at AU $26.35
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $32.63
- AU $23.62Trending at AU $24.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.