Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of ebook bestseller The Apothecary's Daughter 1666. Newly married to a wealthy spice merchant, Kate Finche believes all her dreams of a happy family life are just around the corner until the Great Fire rages through London. She watches in horror as their livelihood goes up in flames, filling the air with the heady scents of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. As the city is devastated, Kate's husband, Robert is forced to seek employment to ensure their survival, but when he is found drowned, Kate refuses to believe that he has taken his own life. Widowed and penniless, she seeks refuge in The House of Perfume, the home of blind perfumer Gabriel Harte, who awakens Kate's senses to a whole new world. But as she flees from this forbidden love, her husband's murderer comes looking for her ...The Spice Merchant's Wife is a stunning vel, bursting with the colour and flavour of Restoration London -- perfect for readers of Philippa Gregory, Joanne Harris and Patrick Suskind's Perfume.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Betts began her working life as a fashion designer in London. A career followed in interior design, property management and lettings. Always a bookworm, Charlotte discovered her passion for writing after her three children and two step-children grew up. Her debut novel, The Apothecary's Daughter, won the YouWriteOn Book of the Year Award in 2010 and the Joan Hessayon Award for New Writers, was shortlisted for the Best Historical Read at the Festival of Romance in 2011 and won the coveted Romantic Novelists' Association's Historical Romantic Novel RoNA award in 2013. Her second novel, The Painter's Apprentice, was also shortlisted for the Best Historical Read at the Festival of Romance in 2012 and the RoNA award in 2014. The Spice Merchant's Wife won the Festival of Romance's Best Historical Read award in 2013. Charlotte lives with her husband in a cottage in the woods on the Hampshire/Berkshire border. Visit her website at www.charlottebetts.com and follow her on twitter at www.twitter.com/CharlotteBetts1
- PrizesShortlisted for Romantic Novelists' Association Awards: Historical Romantic Novel 2015 and Festival of Romance Reader Award for Best Historical Read 2013.
- Author(s)Charlotte Betts
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Weight526 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.69New
- AU $30.94New
- AU $16.35New
- AU $12.77Used
- AU $79.12New
- AU $18.65New
- AU $109.14New
- AU $22.33New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.68
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.12
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.41
- AU $74.56Trending at AU $82.96
- AU $10.58Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $17.98Trending at AU $20.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.