All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Will you walk into my parlour,' said the Spider to the Fly... is easily one of the most recognized and quoted first lines in all of English verse. But do you have any idea how the age-old tale of the Spider and the Fly ends? This enduring verse from Mary Howitt dates back to the nineteenth century, but its warning - to beware the wiles of flattery - remains today as relevant as ever. Now in its tenth year, celebrated artist Tony DiTerlizzi, drawing inspiration from his love of classic Hollywood horror movies of the 1920s and 1930s, shines a cinematic spotlight on Mary Howitt's warning, written to her own children about those who use sweet words to hide their t-so-sweet intentions. Featuring new jacket art and a commemorative poster this special 10thanniversary edition of the quintessential cautionary tale is a must have!
- Author BiographyTony DiTerlizzi is co-creator of the international bestselling series, The Spiderwick Chronicles. He has illustrated numerous picture books for children, including Ted, G is for 1 Gzonk and the critically acclaimed The Spider and the Fly, which won the Caldecott Honor. Tony lives in Amherst, Massachusetts with his wife, Angela, and their baby daughter, Sophia.
- Author(s)Tony DiTerlizzi
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Childrens Books
- Content NoteDuotone
- Width279 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Edition StatementRe-issue
- Interest AgeFrom 2
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.