Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1860s a turbulent and battered Mexico fought for its survival against a French invasion. For a moment in time, the world order as we kw it today was in question. The nascent United States, an independent Mexico, Europe - the world's balance of power hung in the balance in a chaotic swirl of plots and intrigues.Yet from this struggle was born a deep national pride and sense of confidence as Mexico, too long a nation taken for granted, rose to the challenge and united in heroic resistance. Follow the action as the interests of Mexicans, Confederates, Unionists, French, and English collide. Emperors scheme and flail, soldiers fight and die, nations clash and in the vortex, one young boy follows his heart to defend his country and become a man.
- Author BiographyNathan Muncaster has an undergraduate degree in History, and works in export sales. He speaks six languages, and is an avid observer of history and cultures. Many of the sites in this book are known to the author, and primary source research was conducted in Mexico and the USA for this text, as well as the use of original French sources also.
- Author(s)Nathan Muncaster
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication23/11/2009
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight319 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.