All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProjects have always been essentially human endeavours. Large modern projects are generally highly complex, fraught with technical difficulties and supported by diverse, often apparently conflicted stakeholders. The spirituality that originally defined some of the great construction projects of the classical era surely has a role in project management today. The Spirit of Project Management explains the context for spirituality in projects and explores how it can be used to create a larger sense of purpose and achievement; to help encourage an esprit de corps amongst all those involved; to act as a touchstone for ethical and sustainable decision-making. This is a very pragmatic book. The first part includes an explanation and a variety of useful models for understanding the significance and value of spirituality in projects. Judi Neal and Alan Harpham devote the second part of the book to help you integrate these ideas into your day-to-day management of projects. Thus there are chapters on spirituality from the perspective of the individual, the project team, the project organization and even project management within a sustainable world framework. Read this book, use the ideas to help you articulate your projects; engage and sustain your project team and your stakeholders; and frame how you work in terms of your organisation, society and the environment.
- Author BiographyDr Judi Neal is Director of the Tyson Center for Faith and Spirituality in the Workplace at the Sam M. Walton College of Business, University of Arkansas. The Center supports research, education, and business outreach for those interested in faith and spirituality in the workplace. Judi is President of Edgewalkers International, a consultancy committed to helping leaders, teams and organizations to be on their leading edge. She is the author of Edgewalkers: People and Organizations that Take Risks, Build Bridges and Break New Ground and The Handbook for Faith and Spirituality in the Workplace. She was the founder of the International Center for Spirit at Work, and a co-founder of the Management, Spirituality and Religion Interest Group at the Academy of Management. Judi has consulted to organizations such as Pfizer, Hewlett-Packard, General Electric, Jackson Newspapers, and numerous others, and has spoken about spirituality in the workplace internationally. She is considered one of the pioneers and experts in the field and has been quoted in The London Sunday Times, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Tokyo Shimbum, and has appeared frequently on television and radio in the U.S. Alan Harpham is a management consultant focused on change management, programme management, project management and executive coaching. He is Chairman of The APM Group, Chairman of Workplace Matters Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire and a previous Board Member of The International Center for Spirit at Work. He is also on the selection committee of the International Faith and Spirit at Work Awards. He is Chairman of Cranfield University's Science & Engineering Research Ethics Committee and the SPD Research Ethics Committee (medical). Alan was co-owner and a founding director of P5 - the Power of Projects. He is also a former trustee of several charitable organisations including MODEM, and The Friends of the Bedford Child Development Centre. He was a founding member of the Jury for the IPMA International Project Management Awards and continued as such until 2006. Alan Harpham is also a former Managing Director and senior consultant of Nichols Associates (now part of The Nichols Group), one of the UK's leading consultancies in project and change management. Before that he was the Director of Cranfield University's MSc in Project Management.
- Author(s)Alan Harpham,Judi Neal
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2012
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Project Management
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight326 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Darren Dalcher
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.