All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Spiritual Combat - together with The Supplement and The Path of Paradise - by Lorenzo ScupoliThe Spiritual Combat by Lorenzo Scupoli is a practical guide to the spiritual life, with a message centered on humility, and a goal to defeat individual passions. The author begins the process with self-evaluation and identifying our internal weaknesses. He then provides us with the methods to battle these shortcomings and guard against our own evil inclinations. In 1589, the first edition of Il combattimento spirituale (The Spiritual Combat) appeared and contained thirty-three chapters. But Scupoli continued to add to the text, and it gradually grew into the current version containing sixty-six chapters. Since its introduction, four centuries ago, approximately six hundred editions have been published globally. This edition, from Scriptoria books, is an authentic reproduction of the Rivingtons' translation from their Library of Spiritual Works. It contains the complete original text of The Spiritual Combat, and also includes two additional writings by Scupoli, The Supplement and The Path to Paradise, which further address and deal with our imperfect nature. Scriptoria Books has transcribed this edition word for word from the original text. It was then edited, formatted, typeset, and proofread through each revision. Our procedures are t automated. Our editions are t facsimiles and do t contain OCR interpreted text. Our books are carefully created new editions of classic works.
- Author BiographyLorenzo Scupoli (c.1530-1610) was born in Otranto, Italy. He was admitted to the religious order of the Theatine Regular Clerks of St. Cajetan in 1571, and by his desire was called Lorenzo of Otranto. He later went to Milan, under the provost St. Andrew Avellino. After many years of active duties he retired into strict seclusion and wrote The Spiritual Combat.
- Author(s)Lorenzo Scupoli
- PublisherScriptoria Books
- Date of Publication16/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScriptoria Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.