All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'It was never meant to feed the needy; but to serve up grief to the mean and greedy' The unfortunately named Albert Grub (A. Grub) has parents who are obsessed by mini-beasts; there are insects in the fridge, woodlice living in the hall and spiders dwelling in the cupboard under the stairs. But everything changes one day when Albert discovers that his dad is heir to the factory of the legendary Piddler's Porridge. Why is the town's odle King, and owner of the adjacent factory so keen to get his hands on the Piddler's place? Is he after the legendary Spoon of Doom, believed to be hidden somewhere in the factory? And what can our reluctant hero do to stop him? A mix of quirky characters and outlandish goings on topped with lashings of bugs and porridge, this is a laugh-out-loud comic adventure that will appeal especially to boys.
- Author BiographySam Hay has written titles for Kingfisher's I Am Reading series and Billy Angel, which was published in the Black Cats series in 2009 and longlisted for the UKLA children's book award, given to books in which language is powerful.
- Author(s)Sam Hay
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleBlack Cats
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteblack and white
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $11.75
- AU $25.74Trending at AU $27.65
- AU $26.61Trending at AU $30.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.