All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sports Management Toolkit is a practical guide to the most important management tools and techniques available to those working in the sport and leisure industries. Designed to bridge the gap between the classroom and the workplace, it includes ten free-standing chapters, each of which provides a detailed introduction to best practice in one of the core sports management disciplines. Written in a clear and straightforward style, and free of management jargon, the book covers all the key functional areas of contemporary sports management, including: * marketing * performance management * risk management * human resource management * project management * finance. Each chapter includes a detailed, step-by-step description of the key tools and techniques and their application; a 'real world' case study to demonstrate the technique in action, plus an extensive guide to further resources and a series of self-test questions. The final chapter offers an extended, integrated case-study, demonstrating how all the key management techniques are combined within the everyday operation of a successful sport or leisure organization. This book is essential reading for all students of sport and leisure management, and for all managers looking to improve their professional practice.
- Author BiographyPaul Emery is a Lecturer in Sport Management at La Trobe University, Australia.
- Author(s)Paul Emery
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2011
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note47 black & white tables, 40 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.