The Spy Who Spent the War in Bed: And Other Bizarre Tales from World War II by William B. Breuer (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by kj-pine
- Est. delivery by 12 Dec
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA rare treat for World War II history buffs and fans of the strange, absurd, and unexplained Acclaimed military historian William Breuer takes readers on a trip through the looking glass to acquaint them with the weirder side of World War II. Featuring a cast of characters including double- and triple-agents, femme fatales, fearless leaders, and men at arms, The Spy who Spent the War In Bed is a collection of seventy concise, vividly rendered tales of war, ranging from laugh-out-loud funny, to inspiring, to just-plain-bizarre. For instance, there's the one about how reputed Irish Republican Army members in New York conned Nazi intelligence out of a small fortune. There's also a thrilling account of how four American newsmen bagged an entire German platoon. And there's the haunting tale of the Mystery Plane, an experimental aircraft that took off on a short test flight over England one sunny afteron in 1938 and simply vanished into a cloudless summer sky. This book draws on personal interviews, official archives, and declassified documents, as well as the vast literature on World War II.
- Author BiographyWilliam B. Breuer is a military historian and author of more than twenty-seven books, over ten of which have been main selections of the Military Book Club. They include Unexplained Mysteries of World War II, Undercover Tales of World War II, Deceptions of World War II, Secret Weapons of World War II, The Great Raid on Cabanatuan, Feuding Allies, and MacArthur's Undercover War. Daring Missions of World War II and Top Secret Tales of World War II, both also published by Wiley, have been Conservative Book Club selections.
- Author(s)William B. Breuer
- PublisherTurner Publishing Company
- Date of Publication15/04/2003
- SubjectTrue Military / Combat Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight342 g
- Width159 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.