All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.39
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.81
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $22.75Trending at AU $24.50
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $16.48Trending at AU $17.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe Stager is a comedy of rabbits and real estate in the D.C. suburbs from Susan Coll, the author of Acceptance and Beach WeekDominique is one very bitter rabbit. His owner, Lars Jorgenson, is a former tennis pro who has blown out both knees, become obese, and is w addicted to a cocktail of prescription drugs containing the letters X and Z, one weird side-effect of which is that he has developed an omniscient point of view. Both Dominique and Lars are going crazy in the affluent Maryland suburbs where their faux Tudor home is up for sale. Idle on the market for months, the home is w being staged A professional has come in to redecorate and depersonalize the house so that others can imagine themselves living there. Into the messy personal life of Lars and his beautiful wife Bella comes Eve, an unemployed journalist-turned stager who immediately realizes, as she steps into the foyer, that she is in the home of her former best friend. Eve kws way too much about Bella, including the questionable paternity of the meddling young child who lives in this house. Questions of friendship, loyalty, fidelity, sobriety, and sanity are raised to hilarious effect in this dark comedy of how we live w in the age of planned communities, cookie-cutter mansions, and cutthroat careerism.
- Author BiographySusan Coll is the Events and Programs Director at Politics & Prose Bookstore in Washington, D.C. She is the author of the novels Beach Week, Acceptance, Rockville Pike, and karlmarx.com. Acceptance was made into a television movie starring Joan Cusack in 2009. She lives in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Susan Coll
- PublisherSarah Crichton Books
- Date of Publication08/07/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSarah Crichton Books
- Weight522 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.