All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis book was first published in 2006. The standard model brings together two theories of particle physics in order to describe the interactions of subatomic particles, except those due to gravity. This book uses the standard model as a vehicle for introducing quantum field theory. In doing this the book also introduces much of the phemelogy on which this model is based. The book uses a modern approach, emphasizing effective field theory techniques, and contains brief discussions of some of the main proposals for going beyond the standard model, such as seesaw neutri masses, supersymmetry, and grand unification. Requiring only a minimum of background material, this book is ideal for graduate students in theoretical and experimental particle physics. It concentrates on getting students to the level of being able to use this theory by doing real calculations with the minimum of formal development, and contains several problems.
- Author BiographyGuy Moore is Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics at McGill University, Canada. He received his PhD from Princeton University and has held postdoctoral positions at McGill University and the University of Washington, Seattle. Cliff Burgess is a Professor in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at McMaster University in Canada, and an Associate Member at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics. He was James McGill Professor of Physics at McGill University in 2003, and received a Killam Research Fellowship in 2005.
- Author(s)Cliff Burgess,Guy Moore
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/12/2006
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note39 b/w illus.
- Weight1230 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.