All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis field guide can be used directly on the gemba (work area) for implementing and documenting standardized work. It promotes the future state of standardized work along with crucial step-by-step techniques and explanations t found in other publications. The authors furnish many real examples of work problems that cause Lean practitioners difficulty with documentation, along with accurate solutions to those problems. The many illustrations and graphics focus on practice rather than theory. Readers learn that standardized work is t simply a tool for documentation but a method for reducing variation and providing continuous improvement through kaizen.
- Author BiographyTimothy D. Martin worked in manufacturing engineering for more than 32 years in the electrical and electronics industries. He has been a Lean practitioner for more than 20 years and has a broad range of continuous improvement experience, including extensive hands-on Lean implementation. Since 2010, Tim has been working to implement Lean transformation in the healthcare industry. He earned a BSEET from Purdue University and a MSM from Indiana Wesleyan University. He also is co-author of New Horizons in Standardized Work: Techniques for Manufacturing and Business Process Improvement, with Jeffrey T. Bell. Jeffrey T. Bell has over 25 years in the aviation manufacturing and automotive electronics manufacturing sectors where he designed numerous manufacturing systems using standardized work as a basis. He earned a BSIE from Kettering University and a MSE in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University. Scott A. Martin is a freelance artist/illustrator and business manager living in Birmingham, Alabama. His most recent works include book illustrations and website designs in digital media, although he also is experienced with other forms of traditional art, including pencil, ink, oil, and acrylics. He also is an amateur sand sculptor, pumpkin carver and print maker. Scott studied communications at the University of Alabama.
- Author(s)Jeffrey T. Bell,Scott A. Martin,Timothy D. Martin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note247 colour illustrations
- Weight552 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.