All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to explore Stanley Kubrick's archives and the most comprehensive study of the filmmaker to date. In 1968, when Stanley Kubrick was asked to comment on the metaphysical significance of 2001: A Space Odyssey , he replied: 'It's t a message I ever intended to convey in words. 2001 is a nverbal experience...I tried to create a visual experience, one that bypasses verbalized pigeonholing and directly penetrates the subconscious with an emotional and philosophic content'. The philosophy behind Part 1 of The Stanley Kubrick Archives borrows from this line of thinking: from the opening sequence of Killer's Kiss to the final frames of Eyes Wide Shut , Kubrick's complete films are presented chrologically and wordlessly via frame enlargements. This is a completely nverbal experience. The second part of the book brings to life the creative process of Kubrick's filmmaking by presenting a remarkable collection of mostly unseen material from his archives, including photographs, props, posters, artwork, set designs, sketches, correspondence, documents, screenplays, drafts, tes, and shooting schedules. Accompanying the visual material are essays by ted Kubrick scholars, articles written by and about Kubrick, and a selection of Kubrick's best interviews.
- Author BiographyAlison Castle received a BA in philosophy from Columbia University and an MA in photography and film from New York University (NYU/International Center of Photography masters program). The editor of TASCHEN's Some Like it Hot and The Stanley Kubrick Archives, she lives in Paris, home of the world's best cinemas.
- PublisherTaschen GmbH
- Date of Publication02/10/2008
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTaschen GmbH
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight3338 g
- Width245 mm
- Height327 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byAlison Castle
- Edition StatementTaschen's 25th anniversary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.