All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt first, Tam isn't at all keen on his baby sister, Blue. All she seems to do is cry. But with a little inventive persuasion from Great-grandpa Tam changes his mind and even goes as far as to admit he might quite like her. But then one terrible night, Blue is stolen and an ugly fairy changeling is left in her place. With his Mum and Dad wrapped up in grief, and his Great-grandpa far too old for adventures, it falls to Tam to venture to the land of Faery, return the changeling and win back Blue. But it is a hazardous journey, and Tam must keep his wits about him as he crosses the Sapphire lake, does battle with the castle nightmares and finally confronts the King and Queen of the fairies.
- Author BiographyBerlie Doherty began writing for children in 1983, after teaching and working for schools radio. She has written more that 35 books for children, as well as for the thearte, radio and television, and won the Carnegie Medal twice : in 1987 for GRANNY WAS A BUFFER GIRL and in 1992 for DEAR NOBODY. She has also won the Writer's Guild Children's Fiction Award for DAUGHTER OF THE SEA. Her work is published all over the world, and many of her books have been televised.
- Author(s)Berlie Doherty
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication14/07/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintYoung Corgi
- Weight96 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.