All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlice is fifteen, with hair as red as fire and skin as pale as bone, but something inside her is broken. She has a brain injury, the result of an assault. Manny was once a child soldier. He is sixteen and has lost all his family. When Manny first sees Alice, she is sitting on the rusty roof of her river house, looking like a carving on an old-fashioned ship, sailing through the stars. He has a poem in his pocket and he kws the words by heart. And he is sure that girl has written them. When Manny and Alice meet they find the beginnings of love and healing.
- Author BiographyGlenda Millard is a highly respected author who writes for children of all ages. Her novel A Small Free Kiss in the Dark was the Winner of the 2009 Queensland Premier's Award for young adults, Honour Book in the 2010 CBCA awards for older readers, shortlisted for the 2010 NSW Premier's Literary Awards, and included on the Honour List for the 2012 International Board of Books for Young People.
- Author(s)Glenda Millard
- PublisherOld Barn Books
- Date of Publication02/08/2016
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOld Barn Books
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.