All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionPerfect for anyone living away from home for the first time, this is an easy, uncluttered approach to understanding kitchen basics, with insights into buying fresh produce, using the right equipment, shopping on a budget, and basic cooking skills. There are over 60 simple, casual and fun recipes, using ingredients readily available in the supermarket. Lots of common occasions are covered, such as 'Having Friends Over to Watch the Football', 'Cooking to Impress', or 'Quick Meals Before Going Out', and it also answers common questions like, 'Why do you need to rest meat after cooking?' or 'Why do you add salt to the water when cooking vegetables?'. Designed with young palates, low budgets and inspiration in mind, this book will provide simple, but satisfying recipes that take this basic kwledge and put it into practice. Key points: targeted at young people, and people starting to develop their skills and love of cooking; the basics are demonstrated in simple, creative, and accessible recipes; it is written by a young person, for young people; and recipes are a collected in series of sample menus at the back to fit common occasions.
- Author BiographyAfter watching the poor diets and cooking habits of his friends, Callum Hann has developed a recipe book that caters to students and beginner chefs. Callum nabbed the second-place spot in the 2nd series of MasterChef Australia and, despite being all of 20, wowed the judges and the viewers with his exceptional cooking. He is now travelling around Australia, sharing his love of food and passion for cooking with young people all over the country.
- Author(s)Callum Hann
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Width152 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.