The Starting School Survival Guide: Everything You Need to Know When Your Child Starts Primary School by Sarah Ebner (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.49Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.90+ AU $4.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by *bargain*books*
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat every parent needs to kw before your first child starts school. Is your first child about to start school? Do you want to give your child the best start to their education and school life? Are you nervous about dealing with other parents and teachers? If you're worried about how to prepare your child - and yourself - for school for the first time, The Starting School Survival Guide eases your worries and gives you all the gossip from the school gate telling you everything you need to kw. Any idea what a number-line is? Nervous of being told off by the lunch box police? It's okay, because Sarah Ebner, author of The Times popular blog School Gate and mother of two, is going to arm you with all the things people never tell you to prepare for when term time begins! Packed with tons of personal advice and tips from parents who've been through it themselves, find out how to prepare yourself - and your child - for surviving the school system unscathed. From help with choosing and applying to the right school in the first place, and preparing for your child's first day, to dealing with head lice, navigating school cliques (children as well as parents!) and interacting with teachers and other parents, you'll find out all the best ways to cope and more, including: Preparing your child: when to teach them to read, the perils of school uniform, tips to help them learn Gossip at the gate: dealing with school gate mums, the etiquette of birthday parties, and negotiating friendships Education: helping with homework, key stage exams and understanding the national curriculum Holidays: how many can you take, holidays in term-time, what to do with your child during the summer Problems at school: children with special needs, coping with shyness, what to do if your child is bullied or is the bully...) From classroom to playground, and beyond the school gate, this is essential reading for every parent entering the school system for the very first time (since you left school yourself).
- Author BiographySarah Ebner is a journalist and author of The Times blog School Gate which has 250,000 followers, and a mother of two. She has made media appearances on Woman's Hour and BBC1's The Big Questions as a parenting and education expert.
- Author(s)Sarah Ebner
- PublisherCrimson Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2011
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhite Ladder
- Content Note1 line drawings
- Weight363 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.