All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contributes to the setting out of a new, better informed and complex basis for discussions about the relationships between the State, the civil society and the citizen in distinct European countries and regions. It will be useful to researchers in the field of adult education, as well as social scientists interested in topics related to civil society, such as NGOs, social ecomists, and practitioners concerned with the trends that are forcing adult education to recontextualise its aims and practices.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Michal Bron Jr is Associate Professor at the Sodertorn University, Stockholm (Sweden). He holds a Master's Degree in History and a Ph.D. in Education. His main research interests concern civil society in Russia and Central Europe, female adult educators and society in the 19th Century in Ireland, Poland and Sweden, social and political origins of modern adult education provisions, and Christian-Jewish dialogue (outside the realm of theology). He is a co-founder of ESREA and a member of its Steering Committee. He was recently nominated as the President of the International Society for Comparative Adult Education. He has published widely on themes related to his research interests. Paula Guimaraes is a Ph.D. candidate in Education (Educational Policies). She has been a researcher in the Unit for Adult Education of the University of Minho, Braga (Portugal), since 1992. She is also a member of the Steering Committee of ESREA. Her research interests involve adult education policies in Portugal and in the European Union, non-formal and informal adult education related to which she has been publishing articles in specialised journals and in books. Rui Vieira de Castro is Full Professor in the Institute of Education of the University of Minho, Braga (Portugal). At the Centro de Investigacao em Educacao (Centre for Research in Education) he co-ordinates the research group Literacias, Praticas e Discursos em Contextos Educativos (Literacies. Practices and Discourses in Educational Contexts). His main research interests are language teaching and adolescent and adult literacy. He is currently the Head of the Unit for Adult Education of the University of Minho. He has published widely in the fields of his research interests.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEuropean Studies in Lifelong Learning and Adult Learning Research
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight310 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byJr,Michal Bron,Paula Guimaraes
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.