Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAbbreviations ...ix Chapter 1 INTRODUCTION ...1 Chapter 2 REDRAWING THE BOUNDARIES BETWEEN STATE AND COMPANY ...3 Chapter 3 STATE PARTICIPATION IN THE ECONOMY ...25 Chapter 4 INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC INSTABILITY ...49 Chapter 5 THE FAILURE OF OPEC TO SECURE ECONOMIC RENTS ...67 Chapter 6 TURNING BLACK GOLD INTO DEVELOPMENT ...81 Chapter 7 NATIONAL OIL COMPANIES ...97 Chapter 8 AMBITIOUS CONSOLIDATION ...127 Chapter 9 STRATEGIC CONSOLIDATION ...151 References ...155 Index ...165 PREFACE This book has been kicking around my desk for quite some time. On and off I returned to my work on the role of the state in the ecomy and the international oil market, but for a long time I was t satisfied with the shape it was in. I understand w that I needed the insights developed over the past couple of years on the role of the state, regulation, liberalization, privatization, and the recent events in the international oil industry to bring all my ideas together in a more coherent format. It was the events that followed the Asian financial crisis that drew me back to finish writing this book. The early beginnings of this book were developed at the Institute of International Affairs, Chatham I-louse, in London, where I was a research fellow with the Energy and Environment Programme in 1992 and 1993. At the Colorado School of Mines, I had the opportunity to test my ideas in a graduate class, and continue the research.
- Author BiographyCoby van der Linde is Professor of International Political Economy and the International Oil Markets at Leiden University and Senior Research Fellow at The Netherlands Institute of International Relations Clingendael', The Hague.
- Author(s)Coby van der Linde
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication30/11/1999
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleStudies in Industrial Organization
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 23
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight444 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.