All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited volume offers original scholarship on ecomic and social human rights from leading and new cutting-edge scholars in the fields of ecomics, law, political science, sociology and anthropology. It analyzes the core ecomic and social rights and the crucial topic of n-discrimination, and includes an invative section on 'meta' rights. The main chapters answer important questions about ecomic and social rights performance around the world by emphasizing the obstacles that prevent governments from fulfilling their obligations. The interdisciplinary analysis offers a detailed and up-to-date discussion to help scholars and policy makers find the best ways to instantiate ecomic and social rights. The authors examine the role of the associated obligations, and especially the obstacles to respect, protect and fulfil those obligations. The book's introductory and concluding chapters address conceptual issues and correct mistakes often made by critics of ecomic and social rights.
- Author BiographyLanse Minkler is an Associate Professor of Economics at the University of Connecticut and former Director of Socio-Economic Rights and Co-Founder of the Economic and Social Rights Research Group at the university's Human Rights Institute. His earlier research concerned worker knowledge contributions and worker motivations and the intersection between ethics and economics, which resulted in his book Integrity and Agreement: Economics When Principles Also Matter (2008). His current research interests center on human rights, particularly on the right to work and constitutionalizing economic and social rights. He co-edited Economic Rights: Conceptual, Measurement, and Policy Issues (with Shareen Hertel, 2007) and has published in Human Rights Quarterly and the Journal of Human Rights. Previously, he served on the Editorial Board and was Associate Editor for the Review of Social Economy.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/01/2013
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note11 b/w illus. 22 tables
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byLanse Minkler
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.