All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTHE STATISTICAL SLEUTH: A COURSE IN METHODS OF DATA ANALYSIS, 3E, International Edition offers an appealing treatment of general statistical methods that takes full advantage of the computer, both as a computational and an analytical tool. The material is independent of any specific software package, and prominently treats modeling and interpretation in a way that goes beyond routine patterns. The book focuses on a serious analysis of real case studies, strategies and tools of modern statistical data analysis, the interplay of statistics and scientific learning, and the communication of results. With interesting examples, real data, and a variety of exercise types (conceptual, computational, and data problems), the authors get readers excited about statistics.
- Author BiographyFred Ramsey received his undergraduate degree from the University of Oregon (1961) and graduate degrees from Iowa State University (1963, 1964). He completed post-doctorate work at Johns Hopkins University. He has been on the faculty of the Department of Statistics at Oregon State University since 1966, with leaves for teaching and research positions at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark (1972-1973); Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia (1997-1978); the University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia (1985-1986); and Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland, Oregon (1990-1991). His principal research interest is applications of statistics to wildlife problems. Daniel Schafer holds an undergraduate degree in Mathematics from Pomona College (1978) and graduate degrees in Statistics from the University of Chicago (1981, 1982). He is currently a professor of statistics at Oregon State University. His hobby is wildlife photography.
- Author(s)Daniel L. Schafer,Fred Ramsey
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication08/05/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1140 g
- Width188 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.23Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.19Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.