All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJust after graduating college, Tristan Campbell receives a letter delivered by special courier to his apartment in San Francisco. It contains news that could change Tristan's life forever. In 1924, an English alpinist named Ashley Walsingham died attempting to summit Mt Everest, leaving his fortune to his former lover, Imogen Soames-Andersson. But the estate was never claimed. Information, recently surfaced, suggests Tristan may be the rightful heir, but unless he can find documented evidence, the fortune will be divided among charitable beneficiaries in less than two months. In a breathless race from London to the Somme battlefields to the Eastfjords of Iceland, Tristan pieces together the story of a forbidden affair set against the tumult of the First World War and the pioneer British expeditions to Mt Everest. But the more he learns about Ashley and Imogen, the stranger his journey becomes. Part love story, part historical thriller, The Steady Running of the Hour is utterly compelling, unpredictable, and heartrending.
- Author BiographyJustin Go is thirty-two, raised in California to an American mother and a Japanese father. He has studied history as an undergraduate at UC Berkeley and has received a master's degree in English from University College London. This is his first novel.
- Author(s)Justin Go
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.14Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $30.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.