The Stigma of Genius: Einstein, Consciousness, and Education by Shirley R Steinberg, Deborah J Tippins, Joe L Kincheloe (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.54Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $43.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing post-formal thinking for educators and students, the authors of this book use Albert Einstein as a metaphor for student's failure in today's schools. Blending biography and scholarship, they re-introduce cognition in an accessible way that makes ways of kwing make sense.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Joe L. Kincheloe is the Belle Zeller Chair of Public Policy and Administration at CUNY Brooklyn College and a professor at Penn State University. He is the author of many books and articles including: Toil and Trouble: The Integration of Academic and Vocational Education; Teachers as Researchers: Qualitative Paths to Empowerment; Getting beyond the Facts: Teaching Social Studies in the Late Twentieth Century. His most recent book is The Sign of the Burger: McDonald's and the Culture of Control. He is also the co-editor with Shirley R. Steinberg of Kinderculture: The Corporate Construction of Childhood. Shirley R. Steinberg teaches at Adelphi University Soho Center and Garden City, New York. She is an educational consultant and director of social drama for youth. Her latest books are Changing Multiculturalism with Joe L. Kincheloe, and Contextualizing Teaching with Joe L. Kincheloe and Patrick Slattery. She is also the co-editor of Students as Researchers; Unauthorized Methods: Strategies for Critical Teaching; Measured Lies: The Bell Curve Examined; and White Reign: Deploying Whiteness in America. Deborah J. Tippins is a well-known science educator and Associate Professor of Science Education and Elementary Education at the University of Georgia. She is the author of many articles on science and education. Her most recent book, The Promises and Dilemmas of Middle and Secondary Science Teaching: A Classroom Case Handbook, is co-edited with Thomas Kobala. Formerly director of research for the National Science Teachers Association, she is widely traveled and deeply involved in working with various foundations and science organizations.
- Author(s)Deborah J Tippins,Joe L Kincheloe,Shirley R Steinberg
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/1999
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleCounterpoints: Studies in the Postmodern Theory of Education
- Series Part/Volume Number111
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1999
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.15New
- AU $21.21New
- AU $24.85New
- AU $19.97New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.81New
- AU $11.56Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.52New
- AU $32.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.91Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.06
- AU $16.85Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $79.05Trending at AU $90.48
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.