All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPaul Mumford is a ted stock-picker with over 50 years' experience in the markets - first as a stock broker and then as a star fund manager. In The Stock Picker, Mumford takes a deeply personal look back at his time investing: exploring t only the secrets of his successful approach to the markets and how to find great shares but reminiscing about the changes that have taken place in the investing world since the early 1960s. This book is t an investing how-to: instead it is a financial history straight from the horse's mouth. While there is much for investors to learn from, it is an also evocative window into a vanished City of stock jobbers, messenger boys, luncheon vouchers and ledger-keepers - t to mention financial crises, booms and busts, and the life and death of companies great and small. Mumford also covers how his own personal life has influenced his stock-picking approach: from running his own bookmaking business as a schoolboy to an ill-fated attempt at oil painting at night school (t to mention the vibrant music scene of the late 1950s). The Stock Picker is a charming and readable autobiography that pulls punches - ideal for any investor interested in what has made a leading fund manager tick, or who simply wants to spend some time stalgically looking back at how the investing and wider world has changed over the years.
- Author BiographyPaul Mumford is one of the longest-serving fund managers in the UK, with 50 years' experience in the markets as a stockbroker and fund manager. He runs the Cavendish Opportunities Fund, AIM Fund and Select Fund, having launched the first in 1988 as the Glenfriars Opportunities Fund. He is a stock picker who aims to find shares in undervalued companies and often ends up swimming against the tide and buying unloved shares. Paul has three daughters and two granddaughters. His outside interests include bridge - he has obtained the rank of Life Master - supporting live music at local venues, and following two football teams as a season ticket holder.
- Author(s)Paul Mumford
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication14/11/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: Business
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.