All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume gathers together the most important evidence about Stoic thought surviving from the ancient world. It is an expanded version of the section on Stoicism in Inwood and Gerson's Hellenistic Philosophy, consolidating related texts into larger, more continuous selections, adding material on the skeptical attack on Stoicism, and a short section that introduces the reader to some of the more interesting texts on Stoic ethics from the Roman imperial period. Inwood and Gerson provide lucid, accurate translations, an Introduction that sets the works included in historical and philosophical context, a glossary of terms, a glossary of philosophers and philosophical sources, an index of passages translated, and a subject index.
- Author BiographyBrad Inwood is Professor of Philosophy and Classics, University of Toronto. Lloyd P. Gerson is Professor of Philosophy, University of Toronto.
- Author(s)Brad Inwood
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Weight308 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine548 mm
- Translated byLloyd P. Gerson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.