The Stone Guide to Dog Grooming for All Breeds by Ben Stone, Pearl Stone (Hardback, 1981)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.81+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $50.82+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by kjtice
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComprehensive instructions in the grooming of all dogs from poodles to Doberman pinschers are given with special tips on becoming a professional groomer.
- Author BiographyBEN STONE is the Director of the International School of Animal Arts, the internationally-famous school located in New York City. Mr. Stone is the co-author of several books on dog grooming and has contributed many articles on the subject to magazines such as Pet Shop Management, Pet Age and Dog World. He has served as President of the New York Groomers' Association and is a member of the Advisory Board of BOCES (Board of Community Educational Services). PEARL STONE is the author of the best-seller, Clipping and Grooming Your Poodle. Mrs. Stone has been involved with dog grooming for over 25 years, first as a salon owner and currently as the Dean of the International School of Animal Arts. Her students have come to her from all over the United States and indeed from all over the world. Mrs. Stone brings her wealth of practical and theoretical experience to this book. In March 1979, Mr. and Mrs. Stone were awarded a special plaque by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) which reads as follows: For their initiative and support in the design and development of a grooming center for adoptable animals at the ASPCA's Manhattan Animal Shelter. Another first for the authors and the International School of Animal Arts was the collaboration obtained from the world-famous Animal Medical Center of New York in establishing an internship for students of the school taking the Veterinary Office Assistant Course. The International School of Animal Arts, owned and operated by Ben and Pearl Stone, is probably the only school of its kind in the world, embracing in its curriculum such courses as Dog Grooming, Cat Grooming, Obedience Training, Kennel Management, Shop Management and Veterinary Office Assistant. The school is licensed by the State Education Department of New York and accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the National Association of Trade and Technical Schools (NATTS).
- Author(s)Ben Stone,Pearl Stone
- PublisherHowell Book House Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/11/1981
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Series TitleHowell reference books
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHowell Book House Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1084 g
- Width223 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.