All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Stone that the Builder Refused is the final volume of Madison Smartt Bell's masterful trilogy about the Haitian Revolution-the first successful slave revolution in history-which begins with All Souls' Rising (a finalist for the National Book Award and the PEN/Faulkner Award) and continues with Master of the Crossroads. Each of these three vels can be read independently of the two others; of the trilogy, The Baltimore Sun has said, [It] will make an indelible mark on literary history-one worthy of occupying the same shelf as Tolstoy's War and Peace.
- Author BiographyMadison Smartt Bell is the author of fifteen works of fiction, including Master of the Crossroads ; All Souls' Rising ; Save Me, Joe Louis ; Doctor Sleep ; Soldier's Joy ; and Ten Indians. He lives in Baltimore, Maryland with his family and teaches at Goucher College.
- Author(s)Madison Smartt Bell
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication14/02/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight531 g
- Width133 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.