All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1899 and the last great Islamic empire is in serious trouble. This story of masters and servants, school-teachers and painters, is marked by jealousies, vendettas and, with the decay of the Ottoman Empire, a new generation which is deeply hostile to the half-truths of the golden days .
- Author BiographyTariq Ali is a writer and filmmaker. He has written more than a dozen books on world history and politics--including Pirates of the Caribbean, Bush in Babylon, The Clash of Fundamentalisms and The Obama Syndrome --as well as five novels in his Islam Quintet series and scripts for the stage and screen. He is an editor of the New Left Review and lives in London.
- Author(s)Tariq Ali
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication11/07/2000
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight559 g
- Width152 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Translated byAndrew Nurnberg
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.