All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionA critical, n-deminational discussion of the gospel accounts of Jesus' birth with a view to educating readers and broadening their perspectives. Freed's highly accessible introduction, directed to students and interested n-specialists as well as scholars, explains and examines these well-kwn stories from a critical perspective. 'Critical' is taken in the sense of judging among altermative answers to problems that arise from such study and arguing for the preferred solution. The aim of this book is to draw the reader to the gospel accounts for the purpose of evoking critical thought rather than to persuade the reader of a particular interpretation. In pursuit of this goal, the author shows how many diverse factors, including earlier traditions, literary styles, and the theological convictions of each gospel writer have contributed to the composition of the narratives.
- Author BiographyEdwin D. Freed is Emeritus Professor of Religion, Gettysburg College, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Edwin D. Freed
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/02/2001
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleBiblical Seminar S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 72
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight269 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.