Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.60+ AU $6.00 postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlly D'Apliese is about to compete in one of the world's most perilous yacht races, when she hears the news of her adoptive father's sudden, mysterious death. Rushing back to meet her five sisters at their family home, she discovers that her father - an elusive billionaire affectionately kwn to his daughters as Pa Salt - has left each of them a tantalising clue to their true heritage. Ally has also recently embarked on a deeply passionate love affair that will change her destiny forever. But with her life w turned upside down, Ally decides to leave the open seas and follow the trail that her father left her, which leads her to the icy beauty of Norway ...There, Ally begins to discover her roots - and how her story is inextricably bound to that of a young unkwn singer, Anna Landvik, who lived there over a hundred years before, and sang in the first performance of Grieg's iconic music set to Ibsen's play 'Peer Gynt'. As Ally learns more about Anna, she also begins to question who her father, Pa Salt, really was. And why is the seventh sister missing? Following the bestselling The Seven Sisters, The Storm Sister is the second book in Lucinda Riley's spellbinding series based loosely on the mythology surrounding the famous star constellation.
- Author BiographyLucinda Riley was born in Ireland, and after an early career as an actress in film, theatre and television, wrote her first book aged twenty-four. Her novel Hothouse Flower (also called The Orchid House) was selected by the UK's Richard and Judy Book Club and has been translated into thirty-four languages and sold over eight million copies worldwide. She is a New York Times and Sunday Times bestselling author. Lucinda's novels include The Seven Sisters, a seven-book series telling the story of adopted sisters and based allegorically on the mythology of the famous star constellation. Book one, The Seven Sisters, and Book two, The Storm Sister, have been No. 1 bestsellers in Europe, and the rights to a multi-season TV series have already been optioned by a Hollywood production company. The Storm Sister has been nominated for the prestigious Premio Bancarella literary prize in Italy. Lucinda is also the author of a contemporary novel The Olive Tree, set during one long hot summer in Cyprus, and based on a family holiday. Lucinda and her son Harry have personally narrated the audiobook together. She is also rewriting and releasing a number of books originally published when writing under her maiden name of Lucinda Edmonds, including The Italian Girl and The Angel Tree. Lucinda lives with her husband and four children on the North Norfolk coast in England and West Cork, Ireland. When not writing, travelling or running around after her children, she loves reading books that she hasn't written with a glass or two of Provencal rose!
- Author(s)Lucinda Riley
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleThe Seven Sisters
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Weight505 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $30.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.