All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn August 29, 2005, Hurricane Katrina devastated the coastlines of Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. It was a storm the people of Biloxi, Mississippi, like many other Gulf Coast residents, will never forget. Students, teachers, and administrators from the Biloxi Public Schools share their stories from the days preceding Hurricane Katrina to those first days of recovery after the storm. And even while their city lay in ruins, one remarkable lighthouse survived, serving as a beacon of hope.Their powerful images and moving personal accounts pay tribute to the resilience of the human spirit.
- Author BiographyBarbara Barbieri McGrath was a nursery school teacher before she dedicated herself to writing children's books full time. She is the author of THE LITTLE RED ELF, THE LITTLE GREEN WITCH, and many bestselling math concept books. Barbara lives in Natick, Massachussetts.
- Author(s)Barbara Barbieri McGrath
- PublisherCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationWatertown
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width273 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.