All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLittle Wolf has decided that today things are going to be done differently. It will be a contrarian day. Why? Because he said so! He will stand, t sit, for dinner and he ll start with dessert. He s going to play the pia with his toes and wear his pants on his head. And when he says The Story Starts Here, he means it this book starts at the back and ends at the front. After Little Wolf s parents send him to his room to think about his backwards behavior, he decides to run away. But outside, everyone is running from a giant, shadowy monster. Readers will need to flip the book over to discover the monster s true identity and that he s t so scary after all, just a little turned around and out of sorts. This fun, engaging story that pokes playfully at conventions will have readers interacting with their book in a new way, and help them realize there s more than one way to see the world. Grade: 1Fountas & Pinnel: JReading Recovery: 17Lexile Measure: AD 60LCommon Core State Standards: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.1.1,2,2b,2c,5,5a,5c,5d,6CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.1,1a,2,4,4a,4bCCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.1.1,1a,1b,1c,2,3,4,5,6
- Author BiographyCaroline Merola has been drawing for as long as she can remember. Using her pencils and colored inks, she draws animals, forests, friendly monsters, and mischievous children. The author and illustrator of some 40 books that have been translated into many languages, she lives in Montreal.
- Author(s)Caroline Merola
- Date of Publication15/09/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width234 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Caroline Merola
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.