All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike the hues in a stained glass window, [the illustrations] look brilliant...this well-designed book will please children in the primary grades. ALA Booklist This series, recounting how the creative Kang brothers discovered four of China's famed inventions, is redesigned to feature new bilingual simplified Chinese translations.Wanting more to eat, Kuai is inspired to use sticks to grab food quickly while it's too hot for Ting and Pan. When his family attends a wedding banquet, Kuai brings his chopsticks... to everyone's great surprise!Ying Chang Compestine lives near San Francisco, California.YongSheng Xuan, a graduate of Beijing's Central Academy of Fine Arts, lives in Vancouver, Canada.
- Author BiographyYing Compestine: Ying's dozens of children s books have won many awards, including spots on the best lists from the ALA, Bank Street, Book Sense, and New York Times. She visits schools and teaches workshops internationally. She has written for magazines such as Cooking Light, Self, Men's Health, and Martha Stewart's Whole Living. Her website is www.yingc.com. YongSheng Xuan illustrated the four volume Story of series. Educated at the renowned Central Arts and Crafts University in Beijing, China, he lives in Vancouver, Canada. His art has exhibited worldwide and appeared in Cricket magazine. His website is www.ysxuan.com.
- Author(s)Ying Compestine
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- LanguageChinese & English
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width229 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)YongSheng Xuan
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.