All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from The Story of Columbus One bright spring day, over four hundred years ago, two boys loitered along the white-beached shores of the Mediterranean. They were each about ten years old, but, while one was rather tall for his age, and of fair, ruddy complexion, the other was stunted in size, and dark and thin in feature. He limped slightly, and his shoulders were high and inclined to bow. How the waves glitter! exclaimed the latter; and leap up, as if they enjoyed rushing in over the sands. Sometimes they seem to mock me because I cant run and play with them, like other lads. Let us say, rather, returned the other, that they clap their hands for joy, and to praise Him who made them. The glad, bright waves! They seem always trying to tell me of the lands beyond them, which some day I hope to see. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Ada M Kennicott
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight59 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.