All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRaskolnikov is a poor student living in St Petersburg. Desperate to escape his poverty, he murders his pawnbroker and her sister, and flees with a few watches and bits of jewellery. Although at first body suspects him, his own conscience plagues him incessantly - and it isn't long before a highly intelligent police detective by the name of Petrovich begins to have his doubts about Raskolnikov's incence, and is determined to make him confess. Praise for the Save the Story series:'Enticing, generously sized and dashingly illustrated...brilliantly told by top-flight velists, they are fresh, idiosyncratic and winning' Guardian 'This handsomely illustrated series...offers younger readers vivid, accessible first encounters with some literary heavyweights' Metro A. B. Yehoshua is one of Israel's pre-eminent writers. His vels include A Journey to the End of the Millenium, The Liberated Bride and A Woman in Jerusalem, which was awarded the Los Angeles Times Book Prize in 2007. He lives in Haifa.
- Author BiographyA. B. Yehoshua is one of Israel's pre-eminent writers. His novels include A Journey to the End of the Millenium, The Liberated Bride and A Woman in Jerusalem, which was awarded the Los Angeles Times Book Prize in 2007. He lives in Haifa.
- Author(s)A. B. Yehoshua
- PublisherPushkin Children's Books
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPushkin Children's Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width194 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sonja Bougaeva
- Translated byStuart Schoffman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.