All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComic, colourful and succinct, with short text, lots of pictures and jokey captions, this is a brilliant introduction to the story of Ireland. From its pictorial endpaper maps to the panels of 'Irish Icons' ranging from Brian Boru to the Abbey Theatre, it is packed with useful and fascinating information. A story that is often complicated and turbulent is told with sensitivity and clarity, from the first legends right up to the present day. The Story of Ireland is the follow-up to Richard Brassey and Stewart Ross's The Story of Scotland, which won the Saltire Society/TES Award for Educational Publications and the Scottish Arts Council Children's Book Award.
- Author BiographyRichard Brassey is the author and illustrator of a host of colourful and original non-fiction books for children, among them the bestselling NESSIE THE LOCH NESS MONSTER and THE STORY OF SCOTLAND, which won the TES/SALTIRE SOCIETY AWARD. He lives in Essex. Visit his website at http://www.richardbrassey.com. Stewart Ross is entirely Scots. He is an ex-teacher, and the author of many books for children on historical subjects, and of four popular books on aspects of Scottish history for adults. He is currently working on THE OXFORD BOOK OF THE TWENTIETH CENTURY (OUP) and THE YOUNG TELEGRAPH COUNTDOWN TO THE MILLENNIUM.
- Author(s)Stewart Ross
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion Children's Books
- Content Note40
- Weight182 g
- Width197 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Richard Brassey
- Interest AgeFrom 6
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $49.51Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.