All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.02
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of a tiny settlement that grew up on a muddy river bank 2000 years ago to become one of the world's greatest capital cities. Fully revised and updated for 2011, The Story of London features the famous people and dramatic events - battles, plagues, fires and bombings - that have shaped the city, as well as the upcoming 2012 Olympic Games. Also included are introductions to the most important social and cultural institutions that influence Londoners' lives. Facts, fun quizzes and cartoons are presented in such a way as to bring famous events to life and cut-away drawings reveal London's greatest and best-kwn buildings, such as the Tower of London, Houses of Parliament and St Paul's Cathedral.
- Author BiographyJacqui Bailey has spent a lot of her adult life working with children's books. She has been an editor and publisher of everything from picture books to encyclopedias, but mostly enjoys finding out amazing bits of information and then writing about them. She is an award-winning author with more than 20 children's information books to her name, including A Cartoon History of the Earth series. Jacqui lives in London - and thinks it is the best city in the world.
- Author(s)Jacqui Bailey
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/04/2011
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteColour illustrations/photographs
- Weight147 g
- Width195 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.