Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionLucky has been brought up in a small rural black community. But is he really black? The others tease him because of his light brown eyes and blond hair. He has vague tions of having been abducted from his white family, and there are remnants of Afrikaans words somewhere in his head. So Lucky sets out on a quest to discover who he is. When people find out about Lucky's dilemma, it touches a raw nerve in the national psyche, and the debate about identity and ethnic origin starts to swirl around the young man, confusing rather than clarifying, diffusing rather than focusing his search for himself. What is it to be African? What does a family mean to a growing child? Does it matter what language you speak or think in? What if you're t even sure of your name? Issues of identity and belonging crowd in on Lucky, who is thrown off balance by the publicity surrounding him, yet enjoys the attention and sudden 'celebrity' this brings. In the end, who is Lucky? And can Lucky cope with being Lucky?
- Author BiographyRobin Malan is the former assistant head at Waterford Kamhlaba United World College. He is the author of Inscapes, New Inscapes, Rebel Angel, The Sound of New Wings, The Southern African Impossible Book Quiz Book! and Worldscapes.
- Author(s)Robin Malan
- PublisherJacana Media (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication31/07/2005
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintJacana Media
- Weight150 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.