All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCompestine's almost tongue-in-cheek tale is a nearly unbeatable combination of slapstick humor, fast pace, and food. Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books Back from The Story of Chopsticks, the Kang brothers are in for ather culinary misadventure. Publishers Weekly The village always expects Mama's famous dumplings to win the annual cooking contest. However, this year the Kang brothers play with the dough, and soon, long strips fly everywhere.With time left, the family can bring only the strings of boiled flour. Will the new dish wow the judges or will the three boys find themselves in hot water?This series, recounting how the creative Kang brothers discovered four of China's famed inventions, is redesigned to feature new bilingual simplified Chinese translations.
- Author BiographyYing Compestine: Ying's dozens of children s books have won many awards, including spots on the best lists from the ALA, Bank Street, Book Sense, and New York Times. She visits schools and teaches workshops internationally. She has written for magazines such as Cooking Light, Self, Men's Health, and Martha Stewart's Whole Living. Her website is www.yingc.com. YongSheng Xuan illustrated the four volume Story of series. Educated at the renowned Central Arts and Crafts University in Beijing, China, he lives in Vancouver, Canada. His art has exhibited worldwide and appeared in Cricket magazine. His website is www.ysxuan.com.
- Author(s)Ying Compestine
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- LanguageChinese & English
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width231 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)YongSheng Xuan
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.