All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the tectonic formation of Oklahoma s varied landscape to the recovery and renewal following the Oklahoma City bombing, this readable book includes both the well-kwn and the t-so-familiar of the state s people, events, and places. W. David Baird and Danney Goble offer fresh perspectives on such widely recognized history makers as Sequoyah, the 1889 Land Run, and the Glenn Pool oil strike. But they also give due attention to Black Semile John Horse, Tulsa s Greenwood District, Coach Bertha Frank Teague s 40-year winning streak with the Byng Lady Pirates, and other lesser-kwn but equally important milestones. The result is a rousing, often surprising, and ever-fascinating story.
- Author(s)Danney Goble,W David Baird
- PublisherUniversity of Oklahoma Press
- Date of Publication28/01/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Oklahoma Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1633 g
- Width201 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.