All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocrates, Plato, Descartes, Spiza, Mesmer, William James, Pavlov, Freud, Piaget, Erikson, and Skinner. Each of these thinkers recognized that human beings could examine, comprehend, and eventually guide or influence their own thought processes, emotions, and resulting behavior. The lives and accomplishments of these pillars of psychology, expertly assembled by Morton Hunt, are set against the times in which the subjects lived. Hunt skillfully presents dramatic and lucid accounts of the techniques and validity of centuries of psychological research, and of the methods and effectiveness of major forms of psychotherapy.Fully revised, and incorporating the dramatic developments of the last fifteen years, The Story of Psychology is a graceful and absorbing chronicle of one of the great human inquiries the search for the true causes of our behavior.
- Author BiographyMorton Hunt is an award winning science writer who has writen for The New Yorker, The New York Times Magazine, and Harper's among many other publications. He is the author of The Natural History of Love, and The Universe Within. He lives in Gladwyne, PA.
- Author(s)Morton Hunt
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Out-of-print date25/08/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight635 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.