All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionHugh Johnson's masterpiece; combining his gifts as writer, taster, and historian to superb effect. Quirky, informative and extremely readable, with enlightening chapters on everything from the birth of claret to the rise of the New World. Tim Atkin, on the first edition. Written by the world's best-selling wine author, this new edition of Hugh Johnson's Story of Wine is an enthralling read, tracing the story of wine from the dawn of civilization through the bacchanalian splendour of the ancient world to the present day. Updated to include the latest developments in wine this edition is stunningly illustrated, featuring a selection of archive photographs never seen before.
- Author BiographyHugh Johnson is recognized as the world's favourite wine writer. Hugh Johnson's first book and internationally bestselling Wine was published in 1966, and subsequent award-winning titles, including Story of Wine and Wine Companion, now in its fifth edition, have established him as one of the subject's foremost writers. He then went on to write The World Atlas of Wine, also now in its fifth edition and co-authored with Jancis Robinson. His annually updated Pocket Wine Book sells over 400,000 copies each year. Hugh lives in Essex. Margaret Rand, Editor of this edition, is an award-winning wine writer and a former editor of Wine International. She is the co-author (with Oz Clarke) of Grapes & Wines and the General Editor of Hugh Johnson's Pocket Wine Book and Mitchell Beazley's Classic Wine Library series. Margaret also contributes to a wide range of international publications. Margaret lives in London.
- Author(s)Hugh Johnson
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication14/10/2004
- Series TitleMitchell Beazley Drink
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Out-of-print date19/06/2009
- Content Note140 colour photos
- Weight1579 g
- Width229 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byMargaret Rand
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.