All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWriting is one of humanity's greatest inventions. Without it there would be history and civilization as we kw it. But how, when and where did writing evolve? In a succinct, absorbing and well-illustrated text, Andrew Robinson discusses the history of decipherment and then each of the major writing systems in turn, from cuneiform and Egyptian and Mayan hieroglyphs to alphabets and the scripts of China and Japan. An invaluable guide to the worlds major writing systems, The Story of Writing is a book to read for both pleasure and enlightenment.
- Author BiographyAndrew Robinson is the Literary Editor of the Times Higher Education Supplement. He is the author of numerous books, including The Man Who Deciphered Linear B and Earthshock, both published by Thames & Hudson.
- Author(s)Andrew Robinson
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication16/04/2007
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Notemany col and b/w illus
- Weight790 g
- Width192 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.