All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe crossword has been the most consistently successful puzzle of modern times. Forget riddles, conundrums or Sudoku, the crossword is the original and best word puzzle and it has truly stood the test of time. This book celebrates the world's favourite word puzzle by recounting the history of it, alongside examples of puzzles and words of wisdom from puzzle setters, crossword editors and members of the public who have racked their brains to find the solution to that elusive clue.
- Author BiographyJohn Halpern is a professional full-time crossword setter, his self-confessed 'dream job'. He writes crosswords for The Guardian (as Paul), the Financial Times (as Mudd) and The Independent (as Punk) newspapers in the UK. He has written cryptic crossword books for The Times and The Guardian. He lives in East Sussex.
- Author(s)John Halpern
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndre Deutsch Ltd
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.