Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Easter Rising is THE seminal event in Irish nationalism and one of the key turning points in Irish History. No event captures the imagination as this does. It is a story populated by idealists, poets, union activists and soldiers. In this short history, John Dorney tackles the complex happenings of the event itself and, by putting the conflict in context, offers a lucid explanation of the passions and motives that drove Irishmen into arms against Britain when their fellow Irishmen fought on the fields of Flanders in British uniforms. About The Author John Dorney is the author of The Story Of The Easter Rising, 1916, The Story of The Irish War Of Independence and The Story Of The Irish Civil War. John was born in Dublin in August 1980 and grew up in the southern suburb of Rathfarnham. He studied history and politics in University College Dublin and completed a Masters Thesis on the 16th century Irish chieftain Florence McCarthy entitled, Florence MacCarthy and the conquest of Gaelic Munster, 1560-1640.
- Author BiographyJohn Dorney was born in Dublin in August 1980 and grew up in the southern suburb of Rathfarnham. He studied history and politics in University College Dublin and completed a Masters Thesis on the 16th century Irish chieftain Florence McCarthy entitled, Florence MacCarthy and the conquest of Gaelic Munster, 1560-1640. Intrigued by an Irish language memorial near his home that is dedicated to a republican militant assassinated in the Irish Civil War, he began researching the period surrounding Irish independence and partition in 1916-23 in 2006. He is particularly interested in the specifics of this often murky period in Dublin. He has worked variously as a bicycle courier, English language teacher and in assorted other jobs. He is currently studying in Masters' course in journalism. He lives in Dublin, speaks Spanish to a reasonable standard and has a keen interest in the Spanish speaking world, especially Spain and the Basque country. Apart from history, he enjoys sport, especially cycling and football. He is a supporter of Shamrock Rovers FC, though as much out of personal nostalgia and social ties as sporting reasons.
- Author(s)John Dorney
- PublisherGreen Lamp Editions
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreen Lamp Editions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.