All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis spirited reading of the first in Susan Wise Bauer's Story of the World history series brings to life the stories and records of the peoples of ancient times. Now more than ever, other countries and customs affect our everyday lives-and our children need to learn about the people who live all around the globe. Susan Wise Bauer has provided a captivating guide to the history of the ancient world. Written in an engaging, straightforward manner, The Story of the World weaves world history into a storybook format. This volume covers the major historical events of the years 1850 to the late 1990s, from the reign of England's Queen Victoria to the collapse of the Berlin Wall. This Story of the World audiobook is a collaboration between Jim Weiss, whose voice has been described as liquid gold (CNN-TV), and Susan Wise Bauer, whose writing has been described as timeless and intelligent (Publishers Weekly). It may be used along with the print books (The Story of the World Volume 4 Text Book, Activity Book, and Tests; each sold separately), as a supplement to a traditional history curriculum, or independently. Approximately 12 hours on 11 CDs.
- Author BiographySusan Wise Bauer is the best-selling author of the Story of the World series, The History of the World series, The Well-Trained Mind, and The Well-Educated Mind, among other works. She lives in Virginia. Jim Weiss's 60+ recordings have brought to life the greatest people and events of history and classic literature, winning over one hundred awards and making Jim a cherished companion for listeners around the world. Jim's is the voice reading the audio of Well-Trained Mind Press The Story of the World.
- Author(s)Susan Wise Bauer
- PublisherPeace Hill Press
- Date of Publication17/05/2006
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleStory of the World
- Place of PublicationCharles City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeace Hill Press
- Weight310 g
- Width132 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Narrator(s)Jim Weiss
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.