The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll & MR Hyde -- A Study Guide by Jonathan Francis Gilbert, MR Francis Jonathan Gilbert Ma (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.04+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow was Stevenson influenced by a dream to write the story? What famous murderers and grave-robbers inspired the most gruesome aspects of the vella? Is this vel about sexual deviancy? If you'd like to kw the answers to these questions and much more, then you should read this study guide on Robert Louis Stevenson's vella, 'The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde'. It discusses the background to the book and provides a great deal of analysis of the actual text itself, with a focus on the kinds of questions that are asked at GCSE and A Level. The guide contains: Detailed discussion of the contexts of the vella; An analysis of the book's structure and themes, and the ways in which the structure is influenced by the themes of the story; In-depth analysis of key passages in the book; Links to YouTube videos the author has made which explain the background, structure and key quotes in the vel. Crucially, the study guide focuses upon the text of the book, providing generous quotations from the text itself, followed by detailed analysis written in the formal academic style expected in coursework and examinations. An excellent way of revising the book would be to read through the second half of this study guide, absorbing the key quotes, reading the analysis, and answering the discussion point questions either in your head or on paper. This would provide a very firm grounding for taking an exam or completing coursework on the vella. It is written by an experienced teacher who has taught the book for many years in the classroom and can be contacted through his website if there are any other further questions: www.francisgilbert.co.uk Clearly Francis Gilbert is a gifted and charismatic teacher. Philip Pullman, former teacher and author of 'Northern Lights'. PLEASE NOTE: This is an edited version of the author's Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde: The Study Guide Edition, containing all of its essays without the complete text. If you want the complete text, please buy the study guide edition instead.
- Author BiographyFrancis Gilbert has taught for over twenty years in various state schools, but has also worked at certain points as a journalist, novelist and social commentator. He is the author of 'I'm A Teacher, Get Me Out Of Here!', 'Yob Nation', 'Parent Power', 'Working The System', and 'The Last Day Of Term'. In his role as an English teacher and lecturer, he has taught many texts over the years and has devoted a great deal of time to making resources on them. He has written study guides on Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice', Charlotte Bronte's 'Jane Eyre', Mary Shelley's 'Frankenstein', and Robert Louis Stevenson's 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde'. Recently, he has published 'Star-crossed: Romeo and Juliet For Teenagers' and 'Songs of Innocence and Experience: A Study Guide', both available in paperback and for Kindle on Amazon. He has appeared numerous times on radio and TV and is known for his robust defence of his ideas. He currently teaches part-time in a comprehensive in outer London and is completing a PhD in Creative Writing and Education at Goldsmiths College, London. He is the co-founder, with Melissa Benn and Fiona Millar, of The Local Schools Network (www.localschoolsnetwork.org.uk), a blog that celebrates non-selective state schools, and also has his own website, www.francisgilbert.co.uk.
- Author(s)Jonathan Francis Gilbert,MR Francis Jonathan Gilbert Ma
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.