All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne wintry morning academic Prudencia Hart sets off to a conference in the Scottish Borders. Stranded there by sw, she is swept off on a dream-like journey of self discovery, complete with magical moments, devilish encounters and wittily wild music. Inspired by the Border ballads, The National Theatre of Scotland's production of The Strange Undoing of Prudencia Hart by David Greig has toured throughout Scotland and the world since 2011. In 2013 the Royal Court Theatre presented the London premiere of this production as part of their Theatre Local strand of site specific productions. You shouldn't miss this for the world...Rambunctiously life-affirming and touchingly beautiful . (Herald). More vibrantly alive than any piece of theatre I've seen in Scotland for years . (Scotsman).
- Author BiographyDavid Greig was born in Edinburgh. His plays include Europe, The Architect, The Speculator, The Cosmonaut's Last Message to the Woman He Once Loved in the Former Soviet Union, Outlying Islands, San Diego, Pyrenees, The American Pilot, Yellow Moon: The Ballad of Leila and Lee , Damascus, Midsummer [a play with songs], Dunsinane, The Monster in the Hall and The Strange Undoing of Prudencia Hart. In 1990 he co-founded Suspect Culture to produce collaborative, experimental theatre work. His translations and adaptations include Camus's Caligula, Euripides' The Bacchae, Strindberg's Creditors and J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan.
- Author(s)David Greig
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight95 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.